NTFS Permissions Reporter
Get our easy-to-use NTFS permissions tool to analyze and report NTFS security!
Download Trial Edition
Report the NTFS Permissions of Folders and Shares
FolderSecurityViewer is an easy-to-use NTFS permissions reporter to get all effective security owners of your data.>
- Are you sure your data is secure?
- Do you know who has access to your data?
- Are you able to easily analyze NTFS permissions of your data?
- Do you know the effective NTFS permissions owner of your data?
Modern operating systems enable employees to access data and documents in a variety of ways, no matter where they are.
But do you know who can access a specific folder or Windows share?
Not having a clear understanding about the people who can access your sensitive data may give you uneasy sleep at night.
For this reason, we have developed FolderSecurityViewer.
Our tool can analyze NTFS permissions of specific folders to give you an overview of the following security settings:
- Active Directory users and groups that can access your data
- Detailed NTFS permissions of the current folder
- Differences in NTFS permissions between the current folder and its lower folder hierarchy
The Key Features of FolderSecurityViewer
Analyze and Report NTFS Permissions
See all NTFS permissions a user has for a folder and why
Compare folders to find differences
FolderSecurityViewer is an easy to use NTFS permissions tool to get all effective security owners of your data.
- Analyze NTFS permissions of any folder in your Windows Server environment - both local or remote
- Report NTFS permissions in a nicely formatted Excel sheet or HTML report
- Analyze Active Directory nested groups to get all effective NTFS permissions owner
- Report effective NTFS permissions owner to the owner of the data
Test our NTFS permissions reporter!
Download Trial Edition
More Features of FolderSecurityViewer
Exclude Security Groups in Permissions Report
Keep your NTFS Permissions Report clean and exlude any Active Directory security groups from the scan.
There is no need to report the names of known accounts, e.g. backup operator or share operator.
Translate Access Control Entries (ACE) in Permissions Report
In case there are some special ACEs set to folders you can translate these security settings to meaningful labels.
Compare Security Settings of all Sub-Folders in Permissions Report
Scan NTFS permissions of all sub-folders and compare them against current folder.
Upcoming Feature in Permissions Report: Report Comparer
This feature allows you to compare any saved report and show the differences between them.
This helps you to keep track of changes in security assignments.
A Folder Report shows you all sub-folders of a selected folder in a flat view. Besides the owner you will see the size and the file count of each folder.
A Owner Report shows you all sub-folders where a specific user is set as owner. This helps you to get a quick overview of all folders where a given user owns.