NTFS Permissions Reporter
Get your easy-to-use NTFS permissions tool to analyze and report NTFS security!
Easiest and fastest tool on the market!
Download Trial Edition
The Key Features of FolderSecurityViewer
Analyze and Report NTFS Permissions in Seconds
See All NTFS Permissions Each User has and Why
Save and Compare Reports
Check Folder Hierarchies to Find Differences
FolderSecurityViewer is an easy to use NTFS permissions tool to get all effective security owners of your data.
- Analyze NTFS permissions of any folder in your Windows Server environment - both local or remote
- Report NTFS permissions in a nicely formatted Excel sheet or HTML report
- Analyze Active Directory nested groups to get all effective NTFS permissions owner
- Report effective NTFS permissions owner to the owner of the data
- Save reports to either a built-in database or your central MS SQL Server
- Compare any saved report to keep track of changes in NTFS permissions assignment
What Our Customer Say
I've tried several tools but none of them convinced me like this tool. It's very easy to use and super fast. All relevant data needed is listed perfectly in the excel-export with just two clicks. And the best: it's a one time payment … I recommend this tool to every single IT-administrator who wants to get a quick and helpful overview to the access rights granted for their infrastructure!P. Gaicher, IT Engineer, PAYER International Technologies GmbH
We like the simplicity of FolderSecurityViewer when verifying and troubleshooting file permissions.A. Franklin, Network Systems Administrator, Bergstrom Inc.
It's a very easy-to-use tool that already helped me in several projects to find out some security leaks. No need for lenghty installation and configuration. Install and run. Its learning curve is very flat and the insights are very helpful.M. Zeyer, IT Senior Consultant, DST consulting
We've already worked with FolderSecurityViewer in some IT projects of our customers. The primary goals were migration and consolidation of servers in Windows Server environments. We checked out a trial and found out, that it can help us. So we introduced this tool at several sites in the past, and it helped a lot to gain security insights in Windows environments.>B. Slegel, Director CODE3
NTFS rights on group shares can get messy over time - especially in enterprise environments with long-term projects and dynamic teams. Whether preparing for an infosec audit, striving for compliance to upcoming GDPR or just cleaning up access rights: FolderSecurityViewer is my one-stop solution.M. Schommer, Security Expert
Report the NTFS Permissions of Folders and Shares
FolderSecurityViewer is an easy-to-use NTFS permissions reporter to get all effective security owners of your data.
- Are you sure your data is secure?
- Do you know who has access to your data?
- Are you able to easily analyze NTFS permissions of your data?
- Do you know the effective NTFS permissions owner of your data?
Modern operating systems enable employees to access data and documents in a variety of ways, no matter where they are.
But do you know who can access a specific folder or Windows share?
Not having a clear understanding about the people who can access your sensitive data may give you uneasy sleep at night.
For this reason, we have developed FolderSecurityViewer.
Our tool can analyze NTFS permissions of specific folders to give you an overview of the following security settings:
- Active Directory users and groups that can access your data
- Detailed NTFS permissions of the current folder
- Differences in NTFS permissions between the current folder and its lower folder hierarchy
After analyzing the NTFS permissions you will get a nice formatted NTFS permissions report in Microsoft Excel or HTML.
Test our NTFS permissions reporter!
Download Trial Edition
More Features of FolderSecurityViewer
- Load and Save Permissions Reports
You can save any Permissions Report using Company Edition or Enterprise Edition to either a local built-in database or an external Microsoft SQL Server, to load it at any time to see the differences.
- Report Comparer
This feature allows you to compare any saved report and show the differences between them.
This helps you to keep track of changes in security assignments.
- Exclude Security Groups in Permissions Report
Keep your NTFS Permissions Report clean and exlude any Active Directory security groups from the scan.
There is no need to report the names of known accounts, e.g. backup operator or share operator.
- Translate Access Control Entries (ACE) in Permissions Report
In case there are some special ACEs set to folders you can translate these security settings to meaningful labels.
- Compare Security Settings of all Sub-Folders in Permissions Report
Scan NTFS permissions of all sub-folders and compare them against current folder.
- Folder Report
A Folder Report shows you all sub-folders of a selected folder in a flat view. Besides the owner you will see the size and the file count of each folder.
- Owner Report
A Owner Report shows you all sub-folders where a specific user is set as owner. This helps you to get a quick overview of all folders where a given user owns.