User Permissions Report
What is a User Permissions Report?
- See all effective NTFS permissions of a specific Active Directory user in the complete folder hierarchy.
- Is it a direct assignment of the user or does the user inherits his assignment by a specific group and what group was the originating group.
How To Generate the User Permissions Report
- First select any folder from the
- Btw, you can add UNC paths to the
Folders Viewinput box! No need to map them to a drive letter.
- Then select a user from the
Users & Groups View(Active Directory Browser).
- Right click to open the context menu.
User Permissions Reportto generate the User NTFS Permissions Report.
Optional: Configure the User Permissions Report - Permission Set
- There is no need to deal with the native Windows Access Control Entries (ACE).
- Our NTFS permissions reporter offers you the ability to make these names more meaningful.
- Configure your own permission set names. We ship a pre-configured list of translated items for you.