NTFS Permissions Report
What is a NTFS Permissions Report?
- See all effective NTFS permissions owner of a specific folder, as well as their specific permissions.
- Is it a direct assignment of the user or does the user inherits his assignment by a specific group and what group was the originating group.
How To Generate the NTFS Permissions Report
- Select any folder from the
- Btw, you can add UNC paths to the
Folders Viewinput box! No need to map them to a drive letter.
- Right click the folder to open the context menu.
Trustee Reportto generate the NTFS Permissions Report.
Configure the NTFS Permissions Report - User
- Our FolderSecurityViewer lets you configure the Permissions Report (Permissions View) to obtain the user information you want.
- You can select up to seven properties of an Active Directory User Object, which will be shown in the list of users / permissions owners.
- You can even customize the column headers.
Configure the NTFS Permissions Report - Permission Set
- There is no need to deal with the native Windows Access Control Entries (ACE).
- Our NTFS permissions reporter offers you the ability to make these names more meaningful.
- Configure your own permission set names. We ship a pre-configured list of translated items for you.
Compare Folders using the Differences View
- The Differences View provides an easy way to compare the current folder to all folders in the lower hierarchy.
- All folders with a different NTFS permissions set are listed.
- Double-clicking on any entry will start a new scan.
Exclusion of any Active Directory Security Groups
- Our NTFS permissions reporter allows you to exclude any Active Directory Security Group from the scan.
- Even all Active Directory Built-In Groups are pre-configured with their names and SID and these groups are already defined as excluded for your comfort.
- All excluded groups will be skipped while your environment is analyzed.
- Your NTFS Permissions Report is not mixed with the well-known rights owners like Administrators, or Server Operators.
Save a Permissions Report
- Any Permissions Report can be saved to either a local built-in database or a MS SQL Server.
- Click on the
Disksymbol near the
Show Usersdropdown box to save the current report.
Load a Permissions Report
- The first tab in Permissions Report shows all saved reports.
- Double click or select
Loadfrom context menu on any entry to load the data.
- Or select
Show Saved Reportsfrom any folder in
Folders View, if exists.
- Or you will find all saved reports of a specific folder in tab
Saved Reportsat the bottom.