How to use FolderSecurityViewer
NTFS Permissions Report
What is a NTFS Permissions Report?
- See all effective NTFS permissions owner of a specific folder, as well as their specific permissions.
- Is it a direct assignment of the user or does the user inherits his assignment by a specific group and what group was the originating group.
How To Generate the NTFS Permissions Report
Select any folder from the
- Right click the folder to open the context menu.
Trustee Reportto generate the NTFS Permissions Report.
Configure the NTFS Permissions Report - User
- Our FolderSecurityViewer lets you configure the Permissions Report (Permissions View) to obtain the user information you want.
- You can select up to seven properties of an Active Directory User Object, which will be shown in the list of users / permissions owners.
- You can even customize the column headers.
Configure the NTFS Permissions Report - Permission Set
- There is no need to deal with the native Windows Access Control Entries (ACE).
- Our NTFS permissions reporter offers you the ability to make these names more meaningful.
- Configure your own permission set names. We ship a pre-configured list of translated items for you.
Compare Folders using the Differences View
- The Differences View provides an easy way to compare the current folder to all folders in the lower hierarchy.
- All folders with a different NTFS permissions set are listed.
- Double-clicking on any entry will start a new scan.
Exclusion of any Active Directory Security Groups
- Our NTFS permissions reporter allows you to exclude any Active Directory Security Group from the scan.
- Even all Active Directory Built-In Groups are pre-configured with their names and SID and these groups are already defined as excluded for your comfort.
- All excluded groups will be skipped while your environment is analyzed.
- Your NTFS Permissions Report is not mixed with the well-known rights owners like Administrators, or Server Operators.
Save a Permissions Report
- Any Permissions Report can be saved to either a local built-in database or a MS SQL Server.
Click on the
Disksymbol near the
Show Usersdropdown box to save the current report.
Load a Permissions Report
- The first tab in Permissions Report shows all saved reports.
Double click or select
Loadfrom context menu on any entry to load the data.
Show Saved Reportsfrom any folder in
Folders View, if exists.
Or you will find all saved reports of a specific folder in tab
Saved Reportsat the bottom.