What is a Share Report?
- In Share Report you can scan the network for all servers, add server manually or select Computer Accounts from Active Directory.
- Once a server is selected, you can see all shares of this server. Optionally you can create a Permissions Report from a share.
How To Generate the Share Report
Servers Viewyou have several options:
- You can scan your local network.
- You can add server manually. One by one or a bunch in one step.
Active Directory Browser for Computer Accountsand select your server.
- Once a server is selected, the shares are shown in the right pane.
- Selecting a share from treeview will bring up a detailed view. Besides it's path, description and current connections it will show you all share permissions owners.
- From a selected share you can start a Permissions Report to get detailed informations about it's NTFS Permissions.
- Just right click the share and select
NTFS Permissions Report.
- The Share is added to
Folders Viewusing it's UNC path and scan for Permissions Report is started automatically.
- Btw, you can add UNC paths to the
Folders Viewinput box! No need to map them to a drive letter.