What is a Share Report?
- In Share Report you can scan the network for all servers, add server manually or select Computer Accounts from Active Directory.
- Once a server is selected, you can see all shares of this server. Optionally you can create a Permissions Report from a share.
How To Generate the Share Report
Servers Viewyou have several options:
- You can scan your local network.
- You can add server manually. One by one or a bunch in one step.
Active Directory Browser for Computer Accountsand select your server.
- Once a server is selected, the shares are shown in the right pane.
- Selecting a share from treeview will bring up a detailed view. Besides it's path, description and current connections it will show you all share permissions owners.
- From a selected share you can start a Permissions Report to get detailed informations about it's NTFS Permissions.
Just right click the share and select
NTFS Permissions Report.
The Share is added to
Folders Viewusing it's UNC path and scan for Permissions Report is started automatically.
Btw, you can add UNC paths to the
Folders Viewinput box! No need to map them to a drive letter.